Ellijay FUMC Student Ministry
Welcome to IMPACT!
Our youth ministry seeks to connect teens to Christ and help them grow in their relationship with the Lord through worship, fellowship, Bible study, and meaningful relationships.
Wednesdays (During the School Year)
6:00 – 7:30 Youth Bible Study
Sunday School: Please join us in the Ben Barrett Room – Sundays at 9:45 a.m.
“Long enough, God – you’ve ignored me long enough!” Can you believe that David supposedly prayed that to God in Psalm 13? If David could pray something like that, then what does it mean to pray?Join us every Sunday from 9:45a.m. – 10:45am. starting on 9/9 as we begin a study on the Psalms and how it can change the way we think about talking to God.
IMPACT – Come join us to learn about God, play fun games, and have some yummy food!
NEW SUNDAY NIGHT IMPACT SCHEDULE EFFECTIVE 9/9
5:00 – 5:30 – 6th and 7th Grade Bible Study/ 8th – 12th Grade Journal and Fellowship time.
5:30 – 6:00– Group Meal
6:00 – 6:30 – 8th – 12th Grade Bible Study/ 6th – 7th Grade Journal and Fellowship time.
6:30- 7:00 – Group Games
Impact – Starting Sunday, September 16th
We will begin a series called “From Whence It Came.” We’ll learn together about where the Bible came from and how we as United Methodists read it. Join us, and (said cryptically) solve the mystery.
September Schedule – At a Glance:
- Sept. 5th Wednesday Night Suppers BEGIN! We’re serving the meal. Safe Sanctuary Training.
- Sept. 9th STAY WOKE: What’s in your hand?
- Sept. 12th STAY WOKE: Get Going
- Sept. 14th Sam and Marianne gone to camp
- Sept 16th Marianne and Sam return! From Whence it Came study BEGINS ( The History of the Bible.
- Sept. 19th From Whence It Came: Genres of the Bible
- Sept. 23rd From Whence it Came: Storylines in the Bible. Confirmation Classes begin.
- Sept. 26th FIRST MISSION WEDNESDAY!
- Sept 30th From Whence it Came: How to Interpret the Bible
********Parents and Friends
Please check the Youth Bulletin Board in the hallway for opportunities to serve a light meal for the Youth Impact Meetings.
Swing by the display case in the IMPACT/Cornerstone Room and read about Mary-Scott!
We here in the IMPACT group want to make our newly promoted members feel as welcome as possible. We’re going to do this bulletin board style! So, parents and guardians please forward a picture of your newly promoted student to samueledwardburcham@ gmail.com.
Youth Minister: Sam Burcham
Sam can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, through the church office at 706- 635-2555